Monday, November 21, 2011

Thanksgiving Tablescapes

Looking for inspiration with Thanksgiving literally days away? I've got your back.  We're not hosting Thanksgiving this year, but nevertheless I rounded up some ideas to stow away for future years, or to inspire you to get your creative kick on. 

For the dreamer in me..

Now, lets get real.. or at least realistic. 

Place cards - good idea, especially if you're serving a large number of people.  It's always fun to shift people around from who they'd normally sit by. Helps strike up more interesting conversations. 

Oh, and personally, I would spray paint these pears gold (on a gold kick right now, and I can't help it).


Alright, now Martha's people have got the right idea with these gold pumpkin place card holders.  I found little pumpkins like these at Trader Joes for about 60 cents a pop.  (Sidenote: Does anyone else say 'punkin' instead of 'pumpkin'?)


Charger plates: The non-useful plates that go under the actual useful plates.  They are charming in my opinion - a complete waste to many others.  (we found some gold ones at Walmart last year on sale after Christmas)


Flowers.  Yes, please. 

Pinned Image Pinned Image

Candles. I would personally add in some tall candles with this mix of low, but it's still a great table :-)

Pinned Image
A cute idea for a kid's table.  

Pinned Image

Now, lastly - make sure to leave room for the food.  

Pinned Image 

That was fun.  What did I miss? Do you have any Thanksgiving decorating traditions you'd like to share? 

2 comments:

  1. I saw that first photo without reading and thought "does this girl realize it's MONDAY of Thanksgiving week?! That would take me all month!"

    These are beautiful! Where do all the centerpieces go when the food comes out?

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha - I hear you girl! That's why I added the disclaimer in there.

    I would try to keep the centerpieces small enough or scattered enough so that there is room for the food. I agree that the food fills most of the table, so unless you have a huge table, you'd have to keep the decorations to a minimun, because let's be honest - the food is the most important thing on the table! :-)

    ReplyDelete