Warning: If you're not in the mood to read something personal/spiritual you might want to exit out of your window, because that's what I've got on my mind today.
We had a great church service today where Doug Mcallister from Journey Fellowship Church out of New Orleans spoke about destiny, our purpose, our calling and how we are to act on such with faith. Yesterday at a women's conference, Shirley Arnold from T L C Family Church spoke about when timing and purpose converge, there is emergence. Both powerful times.
But probably most impactful for me was at the end of the service today when Pastor Bruce (from our church - Journey Community) stood up and spoke just a few words "If you care more about your reputation than people's eternal salvation, you've got a problem".
As I write this, I sit at my comfy desk, in our comfy office, in our comfy big house and think to myself - where do I stand? I like to think that I care nothing of my reputation, but it's a lie. Of course I care. I live in a culture where we worship goods, wealth, prosperity. Not eternal wealth, rich prosperity in Christ. ugh.. I've got a problem.
There are times when I care much much more about people's eternal salvation. Times when I am enamored at the beauty of Christ. Times when my heart cries out to be broken like His is. Times, when I see the desperation around me and just weep for those that may not know truth-life-eternity. But, I don't want it to be a place in time anymore. A moment of clarity. I want it all, all the time, with all my heart. The air I breathe, the words I speak... God help me.
I'm now going to sprinkle in some pretty pictures for those that may need it.
I know that what I spoke about above might be too much for you right now. I also know that some reading this might need to hear something like this. Then there's some of you who might hate me for what my heart seeks. I'm sorry if you do, but I'm not sorry to share it. It's time for a new song in this city, state, country, world. It's time to care for people's hearts, not our wealth.
Another note, if you've made it this far.. While I don't intend to make this a completely personal blog about all of my convictions, I felt it necessary to be upfront with whoever reading this. I believe that all of the beautiful things that inspire me are a gift from Jesus, showing the beauty of Him and His kingdom. But the pretty homes, hotels, other things I'll probably share don't really matter. He does. All for now :-)
Images via Pink Wallpaper and La Dolce Vita


Sam, I loved this. I have been feeling so convicted about starting a new song in cleveland, and was especially touched after the womens confrence and the service on sunday.
ReplyDeleteI hope traveling goes well for you, we'll have to get together when your in town :)
-Michelle Goff
Michelle would love to get together soon :-) I'll be gone Sunday nights through Thursday nights so any other day will work!
ReplyDelete