Where do I even begin with describing my love for Lake Tahoe? It was there 5 years ago that God opened my eyes to his beautiful creation in a whole new way. I went there on Summer Project with Campus Crusade, where college students from all over the country came together in community, to love God and love people. It was a little glimpse of heaven on earth. Writing this post brings so much joy to my heart as I reminisce on the amazingness that occurred in Tahoe. God broke chains in my heart of past oppression, and brought a true peace through resting in Him.
The year before I went to Lake Tahoe, Brian did for the same exact reason (summer project). That place has so much history for both of us, in many similar ways. Thank you Jesus.
5 and 6 years later, we are going back to Tahoe for a vacation, and I cannot wait. We will have not had a vacation in over 2 years, and I can't wait to enjoy some peace away from work and busyness.
I added a "I" to this post, because I know that there will be numerous iterations of blogging about Tahoe as I find more inspiration (outfits, places to go, etc.) that I will post. If I could just convince one person to go there, I will be satisfied ;)
Brian's on the right in the top two pictures (hottie, right? :)



Kelly and I are vacationing there this early September :)
ReplyDeleteJason, really?!! We are going early August. We'll definitely have to discuss more :-)
ReplyDelete