Monday, May 9, 2011

Wedding Week: 2 years

My friends, I am so sorry for abandoning wedding week.  I have so many special details that I had wanted to share with you all, but only have time to share some of them. I am also struggling with drawing a line so that I am not sharing to many of the "things" that could overshadow the most important part of all of this which is the sacred union between Brian and I. 

Today marks two years of marriage for us.  So crazy how quickly it flew by. We were two young lovebirds when we got married.  We're still young, but with each year we get (hopefully) a little bit wiser and kinder.  Our first year was marked with a lot of unknowns and surprises, good and bad.  It was a tough year for me.  I'm quite independent and like things my own way.  But once married, things can't always be my own way, and marriage when aligned biblically does not mirror my independent attitude.  Our second year was much better. We learned more about each other, we respected more, we loved more (the action not the feeling) and most importantly I sincerely believe we glorified God more through all of it. What's crazy is that we (God-willing) will have the opportunity to continue on this path for many years to come.  My prayer is that we would continually seek Him first, each other second, and the rest to follow.  I am thrilled for what is to come as God peels away layer by layer his plan for us. 

Now a few reasons Brian swept me away and continues to do so: he has the kindest heart of anyone I've ever met, he's bold and courageous, gentle and caring, he's the sexiest stud I've ever laid eyes on, he puts Jesus first and me second, he's extremely goofy (I mean really goofy, like you wouldn't believe), he loves to work on projects with me, he provides for our family, he is a rock, he has pretty blue eyes, he likes random things like ultimate frisbee and the real-deal camping, he makes the best breakfast - ever. I could go on and on.

So in tribute to my babe and in wrap-up to our wedding week, I thought I would share some pictures from our wedding two lovely years ago:





Thanks for sticking around during all the wedding "festivities"! :-)


P.S.  If you are at all interested in hearing more about our wedding, let me know because I'd be more than happy to share.  I just don't want to inundate you with wedding-related things if you're not all that interested.  Ok, all for now - have a great night lovelies :-)

P.P.S.  I really need to work on sizing all the pictures to be uniform.. I'm working on it....

2 comments:

  1. You are so amazing my love. I love your heart. Thanks for the very nice words :) The past 2 years have been the best of my life, and i am excited for what God has for us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, yes! I am interested in hearing more about your wedding! :) There is no such thing as inundating us with wedding-related things. ;-) Happy 2 Years, friends! :)

    ReplyDelete